What could be better than sticky chicken with a healthy twist! Crispy, spiced and breaded baked chicken bites are smothered in a sweet honey sauce with a splash of citrussy flavour from our Baobab powder. This is a real crowd-pleasing dish – and it’s quick and simple enough for a weeknight!
- 2 tbsp COCOPURE Baobab Powder
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs, whisked with 2 tbsp water
- 200g plain flour (use rice flour for gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- sunflower oil
- Dice your chicken breasts and dip them in your whisked egg. Lift out, allow excess to drip off and drop into the flour (that you have mixed with ginger powder, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder).
- Pop these on a baking tray with a rack. Brush with oil then bake for 10 mins at 350ºF/180C. Turn on the grill and grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- While that is baking, add the coconut oil to a pan over low heat and throw in your garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Add your honey, Sriracha and vinegar. Give it a whisk then add your baobab powder. This should thicken it nicely and give the sauce a delicious tartness.
- Toss your chicken in the sticky sauce, then serve with rice and a little cucumber and spring onion.