This a really homey and humble chicken dish that is both delicious and easy to make. It takes only a few ingredients, and the great taste complements steamed white rice.
- 2 tablespoons COCOPURE Sesame Oil
- 2-3 inches ginger knob, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 12 oz chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 dashes ground white pepper
- Heat up a skillet or wok over high heat and add the sesame oil.
- When the oil is fully heated, add the ginger strips and stir fry until light brown or aromatic.
- Add the chicken and stir fry for about 10-15 seconds before adding the soy sauce and ground white pepper.
- Add the water and do a few quick stirs.
- Cover the skillet or wok with the lid and turn the heat to low heat and let the chicken cook for about 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens and the meat becomes tender.
- Dish out and serve immediately.
If the sauce dries up, add more water and cook until the chicken becomes tender. You may use bone-in chicken legs or thighs to make this dish. Just chop the chicken to pieces.