This Raw Avocado, Lemon & Moringa Tart is the perfect dessert for your summer party or picnic. With a crunchy choco-nut base and silky, smooth layers of creamy avocado, zesty lemon & dark chocolate, this sweet treat will definitely have you going for seconds!
For the base:
50g COCOPURE Virgin Coconut Oil
100g dates, pitted
30g dessicated coconut
30g dark chocolate chunks
For the filling:
1 tbsp COCOPURE Moringa Powder
3 ripe avocados
juice & zest of 1 lemon
50g maple syrup
pinch sea salt or ordinary salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate sauce, to top
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until they have broken down into small pieces. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend again until the mixture is fully combined and sticky.
- Tip into a 7″ loose base tin and use your hands to press the mixture firmly and evenly down. Pop in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- To make the filling, place all the ingredients except the chocolate sauce in a blender and blend until you have a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Remove the base from the freezer and pour over half the avocado mixture. Spread evenly using the back of a spoon, then drizzle some chocolate sauce over. Pour the remaining avocado mixture on top, then decorate with more chocolate sauce. Pop back in the freezer for 2-3 hours to set.
- Remove from the freezer and let the Tart defrost for 20 minutes. Gently press the tart out of the tin and place on a plate. Grate more dark chocolate on top to decorate and allow to defrost for another half an hour before serving.