- Bamboo skewers
- 1 lb lean steak (flank steak is my favorite), thinly sliced across the grain
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1-1/2 cups dark soy sauce
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp ground (dried) ginger
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes or more (you can do this right before you’re ready to cook).
- Place meat in a zip-loc bag.
- Add remaining ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until garlic is chopped and ingredients are well combined. Pour into the bag, press out the air, and seal. Massage the bag to coat the meat. Refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Thread strips onto the skewers, and discard the marinade. Cook skewers on the grill, on a stove top griddle, or under the broiler for 3-4 minutes.