- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- unsweetened organic shredded coconut
- slivered or sliced almonds
You will need 3-4 silicone ice cube trays or petite fours papers with a mini muffin tin.
Melt coconut oil, add maple syrup, slowly add cocoa powder (I use a small strainer or sifter to get any lumps out), and stir well until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract.
Place desired amounts of shredded coconut and almonds in the bottom of a silicone ice cube tray or in small petit-fours papers in a mini muffin tin. Pour the chocolate mixture into the tray or papers, filling 3/4 full.
Place in freezer for fast set up, or in refrigerator overnight. Keep in the refrigerator when not serving to maintain firmness.